Sunday, June 04, 2006

Camping this summer?



I have been meaning to organize another camping trip but keep procrastinating. But now I have something bigger to procrastinate, so I'm back to organizing. I'm realizing that the first thing that I need to do is find out a date when everyone can go...

So when is everyone available? I was thinking that later this month would be good, like June 24th weekend through July 15th weekend. Don't know how everyone feels about going over 4th of July - I'm not thinking there will be much room for a last minute reservation, but if everyone likes that date we can try...



As far as where we will go, I've just looked briefly at the Michigan and Indiana Dunes.

Indiana Dunes only has a JellyStone National Park right by there, and I know that they allow alcohol, as I camped with my drunk family there many a summer.

Michigan (Warren) Dunes has a KOA campground nearby, and it sounds like you can actually check your internet from anywhere on the campground, which seems perfect for our crew. It says absolutely nothing about alcohol, which I'm assuming is a good thing...

Both places are pet friendly, but I read in one of the posts that Warren Dunes doesn't allow pets. It wasn't on the official website, but we should probably make sure Chewy can come to both places.

Anyways - getting ahead of myself again! First I need to hear from you guys and see if you want to go in the next few weeks. If not, maybe we should try for fall camping because I know the summer gets really busy and hot and Pat has the MCAT to prepare for. So let me know ASAP so I can see if there's still availability in these places!

Link to KOA Campground Site (St Joseph's / Coloma)

Link to Jellystone National Park

No comments:

Followers