Thursday, March 02, 2006

Owned by eBay



I got guerilla-outbid on this beautiful collection of music from the BBC Radiophonic Workshop on eBay today. Literally less than 20 seconds to go, and the fucker got it by 1 pound (sterling). Can't say I haven't done the same a couple times in my day. But damn..that stings!

I started watching eBay for BBC Radiophonic stuff in the first place after I saw "The Alchemists of Sound", a documentary about the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, who were pioneers in the development of electronic music. It's a fascinating little film. Here's a taste:

And you can get the whole thing in the link below. Keep an eye out for this weird guy who just stands in the background during all the interview segments. I don't know what that is, maybe some Dr. Who reference or something:

THE ALCHEMISTS OF SOUND - 175MB wmv (right click to download)

No comments:

Followers